Several items regarding the Canadian Intellectual Property Office:
- CIPO announced it will begin accepting trademark applications using the Nice Classification this fall. This follows proposed regulations last year.
- A practice notice entitled “Examination Practice Respecting Medical Diagnostic Methods” was published today, building on earlier practice notices relating to purposive construction.
- Revised MOPOP chapters were published on filing and completion (Chapter 5), ownership, registration and joint inventors (Chapter 6), examination (Chapter 13), withdrawal, abandonment, reinstatement, lapse and time limits (Chapter 20), and maintenance fees (Chapter 24).
- The 2015 Trademark Agent examination dates were announced.
- As noted last week, Johanne Bélisle has been appointed as CEO of the Canadian Intellectual Property Office.