Justice Locke of the Federal Court was elevated to the Federal Court of Appeal. Angela Furlanetto of DLA Piper was appointed a Prothonotary of the Federal Court. Appointments were also made today to the courts in British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, Québec and New Brunswick.
- Federal Court of Appeal – Justice George Locke elevated from the Federal Court.
- Federal Court – Angela Furlanetto appointed a Prothonotary of the Federal Court in Toronto.
- Alberta – David Hartigan (Crown) and Anna Loparco (Dentons)
- British Columbia – Justice Patrice Abrioux elevated to the Court of Appeal and Amy Francis (Legacy Tax and Trust Lawyers) and Karen Douglas (Harper Grey) to Supreme Court of BC.
- Ontario – Janet Leiper (sole practitioner) and Kelly Tranquilli (Lerners) to the Superior Court.
- Québec – Justice Michel Beaupré elevated to Court of Appeal; Damien St-Onge (St-Onge & Assels), Martin F. Sheehan (Faskens), Janick Perreault (sole practitioner), Dominique Poulin (Robinson, Sheppard, Shapiro LLP), Christian Immer (Sheahan et associés LLP) to Superior Court of Quebec.
- New Brunswick – Charles A. Leblond (Stewart McKelvey) to Court of Appeal of New Brunswick.