Justice St-Louis - 2020-09-10
Read full decision. Automatically generated summary:
This decision relates to infringement actions of the 684 Patent by Lilly against each of four Defendants, Mylan Pharmaceuticals ULC, Apotex Inc., Teva Canada Limited, and Pharmascience Inc.-Laboratoire Riva Inc., and related counterclaims of invalidity by each of the Defendants. ... In brief, and for the reasons exposed hereinafter, I find the 684 Patent is not a selection, and that the asserted Claims are anticipated and obvious, and are thus invalid. However, if I am wrong and the asserted Claims were valid, then all Defendants will have infringed or induced infringement of the asserted Claims of the 684 Patent.
Decision relates to:
- T-1623-16 - ELI LILLY CANADA INC. ET AL v. PHARMASCIENCE INC.
- T-1624-16 - ELI LILLY CANADA INC, ELI LILLY ET AL v. LABORATOIRE RIVA INC.
- T-1627-16 - ELI LILLY CANADA INC. ET AL. v. MYLAN PHARMACEUTICALS ULC
- T-1631-16 - ELI LILLY CANADA INC. ET AL. v. TEVA CANADA LIMITED
- T-1632-16 - ELI LILLY CANADA INC., ELI LILLY AND COMPANY ET AL. v. APOTEX INC.
- T-1639-16 - ELI LILLY CANADA INC. ET AL. v. ACTAVIS PHARMA COMPANY