Judicial appointments have been made in the Federal Court, Ontario, Quebec, Newfoundland and Labrador, and British Columbia. In the Federal Court, Prothonotary Lafrenière was appointed as a judge.
- Ontario, Justice Patrick Hurley (Hurley Law LLP)
- Quebec, Justice Aline U.K. Quach (Bureau d’aide juridique Maisonneuve-Mercier)
- Newfoundland and Labrador. Justice Francis P. O’Brien (Law Society of Newfoundland and Labrador)
- British Columbia, Justice Ward K. Branch (Branch MacMaster LLP)
- Federal Court, Justice Roger R. Lafrenière
Justice Lafrenière is known to most intellectual property litigators having been one of the six prothonotaries of the Federal Court for over 18 years, most recently based in Vancouver.