Earlier this week, Justice Sylvie E. Roussel, a Judge of the Federal Court was appointed to the Federal Court of Appeal. Appointments were also made this week to the courts of Ontario, Alberta, British Columbia and Québec.
Several appointments were made today, including:
- Justice Siobhan Monaghan of the Tax Court as a Judge of the Federal Court of Appeal;
- Prothonotary Mandy Aylen as a Judge of the Federal Court;
- Avvy Yao-Yao Go, Clinic Director at the Metro Toronto Chinese and Southeast Asian Legal Clinic in Toronto, as a Judge of the Federal Court;
- Dr. Vanessa Rochester, Counsel at Norton Rose as a Judge of the Federal Court;
- Trent Horne, Partner at Aird & Berlis as a Prothonotary of the Federal Court; and
- Catherine A. Coughlan, General Counsel at the Department of Justice as a Prothonotary of the Federal Court.
Appointments were also made today to the Tax Court and the courts in Ontario, Alberta, Saskatchewan, New Brunswick and Newfoundland & Labrador. Continue reading Appointments
Lobat Sadrehashemi, Senior Counsel and Clinic Lead at the Immigration and Refugee Legal Clinic in Vancouver, was appointed a Judge of the Federal Court today. Justice Sadrehashemi replaces Justice Boswell, who retired earlier this year. Continue reading Federal Court
Angela Furlanetto, Prothonotary of the Federal Court in Toronto, was appointed today as a Judge of the Federal Court. She replaces Mr. Justice P.B. Annis, who elected to become a supernumerary judge effective June 18, 2020. Continue reading Federal Court
Christine Pallotta of Borden Ladner Gervais LLP was appointed a judge of the Federal Court today. Judicial appointments were also made today in Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick and Saskatchewan.
Janet Fuhrer of Ridout & Maybee was appointed a judge of the Federal Court. Judicial appointments were also made today in Ontario, Quebec and Manitoba.
Justice Anne Mactavish, a Judge of the Federal Court was appointed yesterday to the Federal Court of Appeal. Appointments were also made in Ontario, British Columbia, Nova Scotia and Quebec.
Justice Peter Pamel and Justice Nicolas McHaffie were appointed to the Federal Court on May 6th – news release. Justice Pamel was a partner at BLG practicing primarily in the area of maritime law. Justice McHaffie was a partner at Stikemans focusing on intellectual property, public law and administrative/regulatory litigation.